Call for Artists
Artists and Friends of TAG:
We are excited to announce that the Annual TAG Gala and Art Auction will be returning to the beautiful home of Doug Witcher on Friday, May 4th. Our Gala is a lively spring evening that has become the “must do” kickoff for spring in High Point! Music, food and wine provide the backdrop for wonderful art provided by you! Last year we had over 400 art lovers in attendance, with 150 works of art from over 50 artists! We broke all records and this year promises to be bigger and better! And we would love for you to participate because we value the quality of your work.
Please consider donating one work to the Gala. Because this is our primary fundraiser, a donated work allows us to generate more revenue to support our many valuable programs. If you choose to donate one work, we will consign up to 2 additional works (for a maximum total of 3). Also, we would like for you to be our guest (admission for one) at our Gala. Additional tickets will be available at the TAG member rate of $50 each.
If you are not able to donate a work, we will still accept up to 3 works for consignment for the Gala.
For consigned work, artists will receive 50% of the retail price. We will start the silent auction bidding at approximately 75% of retail.
Although we will happily accept work of all price points, history shows that more affordable works are often more likely to sell. Having said that, as we work to maintain high standards, we realize that art comes in all sizes and prices, so please use your own discretion. In other words, our patrons come with varying sized pocketbooks…we want to offer something for everyone! Last year we sold over half of the art available!
We sincerely hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to expose your work to a group that will truly appreciate it, while helping support a vital and growing visual arts organization!
Submit your work online using the form below. Call the TAG office to schedule an appointment to drop off your work (336-887-2137). Drop off dates are April 11 – 13. (We are trying to avoid Furniture Market congestion!)
Guidelines for Consideration as an Exhibiting Artist at Theatre Art Galleries:
Theatre Art Galleries (TAG) welcomes submissions for exhibitions in our galleries during the 2014-2015 year and beyond.TAG, established in 1975 as a committee of the High Point Arts Council, was incorporated as a separate non-profit organization in 1992.TAG is dedicated to quality visual art exhibitions and art education.Our exhibits change 4-5 times annually.
- Theatre Art Galleries is located inside of the High Point Theatre within the International
Home Furnishings Center building and is comprised of 4 galleries.
- The Main Gallery is on the main floor and contains 3200 sq. ft. and 158 running ft.
- Gallery B is on the second floor and contains 2500 sq. ft. and 130 running ft.
- The Kaleidoscope Youth Gallery is on the second floor and contains 1600 sq. ft. and 135 running ft.
- The Hallway Gallery, on the second floor, is an open space with 45 running ft. and usually features exhibits with some element of local interest.
- Original works of art, handcrafted by the artist within the past two years.
- Any media representing two or three-dimensional art.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed and wired for hanging.
- All artwork should be for sale and remain on display throughout the duration of the exhibition.
- Theatre Art Galleries will take a standard 40% commission giving 60% to the artist.
- There are no geographic restrictions but artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of their work.
- Email 8-12 images to email@example.com with “Exhibition Committee” in the subject line. Images can also be mailed on a flash drive or CD to the address below. Flash drives and CD’s will not be returned.
- Include an image list.
- Include a resume.
- Include an artist statement.
Theatre Art Galleries
220 East Commerce Avenue
High Point, NC27260
Submissions will be reviewed by the Exhibition Committee on a rotating basis. Most exhibits are scheduled a year in advance.
For more information contact Jeff Horney, Executive Director, at 336-887-2138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.