Call for Artists
Guidelines for Consideration as an Exhibiting Artist at Theatre Art Galleries:
Theatre Art Galleries (TAG) welcomes submissions for exhibitions in our galleries during the 2014-2015 year and beyond.TAG, established in 1975 as a committee of the High Point Arts Council, was incorporated as a separate non-profit organization in 1992.TAG is dedicated to quality visual art exhibitions and art education.Our exhibits change 4-5 times annually.
- Theatre Art Galleries is located inside of the High Point Theatre within the International
Home Furnishings Center building and is comprised of 4 galleries.
- The Main Gallery is on the main floor and contains 3200 sq. ft. and 158 running ft.
- Gallery B is on the second floor and contains 2500 sq. ft. and 130 running ft.
- The Kaleidoscope Youth Gallery is on the second floor and contains 1600 sq. ft. and 135 running ft.
- The Hallway Gallery, on the second floor, is an open space with 45 running ft. and usually features exhibits with some element of local interest.
- Original works of art, handcrafted by the artist within the past two years.
- Any media representing two or three-dimensional art.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed and wired for hanging.
- All artwork should be for sale and remain on display throughout the duration of the exhibition.
- Theatre Art Galleries will take a standard 40% commission giving 60% to the artist.
- There are no geographic restrictions but artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of their work.
- Email 8-12 images to email@example.com with “Exhibition Committee” in the subject line. Images can also be mailed on a flash drive or CD to the address below. Flash drives and CD’s will not be returned.
- Include an image list.
- Include a resume.
- Include an artist statement.
Theatre Art Galleries
220 East Commerce Avenue
High Point, NC27260
Submissions will be reviewed by the Exhibition Committee on a rotating basis. Most exhibits are scheduled a year in advance.
For more information contact Jeff Horney, Executive Director, at 336-887-2138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.